Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I hope he doesn't mind. :) But a friend of mine wrote this amazing sonnet that I just wanted to share with everyone! First off, it is encouraging. In so many ways. Second off, this dude has God-given talent for writing and encouragement.

One day you will awake and realize,
That I am your hero in disguise.
I am your knight although I do not shine.
Quality to looks does not consign.

Just open your eyes and you will see,
There’s more to love than strong arms and blue eyes.
This truth, let no feeling tear apart:
Love is more than a flutter of the heart.

Please do not regard me with loathing
Because I am a prince in frog’s clothing.
Listen not to simple elation,
My true love springs from determination.

Love is faithful and love is true.
One truth I know: I will wait for you.


~Jonathan Thigpen

2 comments:

  1. I do not mind. :~)
    And you rock so ridiculously much! Thanks for sharing my poem!

    Hope you're doing well!

    _Jonathon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's is such a lovely poem! And an amazing reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete