Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meme Day 29 and Katy Perry

Day 29 – Your aspirations
Haha, “aspiration” is also sucking fluids from a bodily cavity. Just thought I’d share that.
Isn’t this sorta like…what are you goals or dreams in life? Which was already a question. And I really don’t want to think of new little things. Ok, well maybe I can think of a few. I want to make a perfect, beautiful cupcake. I want to go to Boston with my East Coast friends. I want to speak French fluently.

~~~

Just a note. I have had two people tell me that they like Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" and express regret in listening to it due to my expressed feelings on it. I would just like to clarify something. I listen to the song. Now...not necessarily because I like it but because I want to write a really railing devotional about it and so I want to listen to it to keep pumping my outrage. ;) But anywho, just so ya'll know, I don't want any of you to change your ways because you feel like you have to because of me or anyone else. I hope that people can make their own decisions based on their own conciences and on how they feel God is speaking to them. I am glad if I can have some sort of good influence on people through what I say or think but I don't want the outcome to be when the song plays you think, "I shouldnt' listen to this cuz Liv doesn't like it!"

2 comments:

  1. Boston with you would be soooo cool! :OD

    Hehe! Not to worry! I just had known the song was bad before, and you just sorta reminded me of the fact! <3 That's what friends are supposed to do, right?? :OD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying that, Liv. Nope, I didn't feel like since you thought it was wrong, I COULDN'T listen to it. I think you REMINDED me to wake and and LISTEN to the words, and not ignore them. You're right, we shouldn't be filling our minds with junk like that. At least I shouldn't. I like the beat, like Sam said, and I was drawn to it first because I love the opening lines, and then when I heard the rest, I kind of pretended she wasn't talking about what she really WAS talking about. But you can only make that work SO much. It IS a pretty obvious song. I just want to THANK you for not being shy about posting something like that. I know that my friends will NEVER ALWAYS agree with me, but it doesn't mean we can't be honest with each other. Thanks for the encouragement! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete