Monday, November 29, 2010

Fairytale?

So it has come to my attention that perhaps a new craze is beginning. With the dawn of the ever popular Twilight frenzy, a fairytale-esque series, trailers for remakings of classic fairytales are emerging. A friend introduced me to the trailer for Beastly (starring Vanessa Hudgens and hitting theatres in July) and just today another friend posted on my facebook the trailer for Red Riding Hood (starring Amanda Seyfried and coming March 2011). Needless to say, being a die-hard classic Disney girl and loving the actuall classic fairytale stories themselves, neither of these trailers made a good impression on me. Nevertheless, the films will be meeting the world next year and I am curious to see which movie YOU are more excited for. So leave a comment below and tell me which one you would see first and why. Feel free to tell me any other thoughts you have!

Beastly


Red Riding Hood

5 comments:

  1. Okay, well, for one thing...I'm so not looking forward to the "Red Riding Hood". :P Sheesh, can they get any closer to a Twilight ripoff?

    As for "Beastly"...I rather enjoyed the book, so I was interested when the trailer first came out...UNTIL I saw Vanessa Hudgens. Ugh. I really really really DO NOT like that actress! She is totally all wrong for the role, and she canNOT act. *nod* So yup...I don't care if I never see either. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donot have interest in the "Red Riding Hood". Goodness gracious. (The guy even has HAIR like Edward in "Twilight"!!) It looks way too much like Twilight, and like there are probably a lot of inappropriate scenes in it. ;)
    I think "Beastly" looks interesting, and I do want to see it, but it's not going to top Disney's "Beauty and the Beast". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no interest, either, in Red Riding Hood. Buh-leah. It just looks very dark and SCARY, and really, the story change doesn't even SEEM like the original fairy tale anymore! Not that the changes in Beastly keep IT in touch with it's original story, either. But I think I'll be able to watch Beastly and enjoy it as a separate story, altogether. Yes, I think that preview looks, dare I say, kinda cute? I mean, in a corny way. It's such an old theme for a movie, but it looks like an interesting rendition. I probably won't go to the theaters to see it, though. Too scary. :)

    p.s. I pretty much agree with everything Maddie said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, well, Beastly has my curiosity peaked. Simply because I do love Beauty and the Beast. It has been a favorite of mine for a long time. And I have a knack for separating things in my mind, like books and movies--in this case movies and movies. I know how to enjoy and appreciate them individually. Ergo, I think I could like Beastly. If it's clean, that is. They didn't mention what it's rated...

    I really like the premise, though, because our culture IS such a culture that judges books by their covers, and the ability to see beyond that is always a beautiful thing. It makes me like the heroine immediately.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to go against the crowd up there *looks up* and say that I think Beastly looks rather freaky!!!! He creeps me out a bunch!! (Not saying I won't watch it someday, but I'll probably end up waiting until Joy sees it and then she can tell me if it's worth it! ;-)).

    I DO agree that Red Riding Hood looks like Twilight - the dude DOES look like Edward!!!! Not sure if I'd actually be interested in seeing that one, but I might be curious... :-P

    ReplyDelete