Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a great morning! Around 6:30 the little doggie we are babysitting crawled under my covers with me and then at 7 I got up to go watch the Macy's Parade only to find out that it didn't start until 9. So I went back to bed!

The parade was fun, as usual. Except it is kinda dissapointing to me that it is less of a Thanksgiving parade and more of a "Here comes Christmas!" one. Oh well, it is still fun. I love all of the Broadway numbers.

Yesterday I went to the hospital to see Katie as she just had her gall bladder removed. Then that night I went to her house and hung with her and her family. Poor girl was so pale yet she was all over the house cleaning up. Silly girl!

Today some family friends are coming over. They, just like us, have no family in town so we like to comfort each other during holidays. Tomorrow Margie and I are debating going to experience Black Friday for the first time ever. We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! The doggy sounds cute! :-)

    Hehe, I actually watched the end of the parade yesterday, and thought of you of course! (And "Miracle on 34th Street" have you seen that movie??).

    Aww! Hope Katie feels better soon!!!

    Glad you had fun with your friends!!! :-)
    Did you decide to go black Friday shopping??

    ReplyDelete