Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spontenaity--Olivia style!

Tonight after having a very enlightening conversation with my fellow Fearless-Feminist friend (who also happens to be one of my regular followers) I decided something. I decided I need to make some very impactive (is that a word?) changes in my life.

For starters, I am very very very heavily leaning towards migrating from the country next year. Yes. Seriously. Migration. M-i-g-r-a-t-i-o-n. Yes, peoples. You have a migrant on the loose. Lose. Loose. Whatever. Anyways! No, not really. I'm not sure what the definition of "migrant" is But, I am seriously considering being serious about going away next semester to another country and serving in some sort of way. As I told my friend tonight, I feel stuck in the toilet bowl of shallow American living. You just sorta sit there and every once in a while you go round and round but then you just end up sitting there again. On yo fat butt. That's right, I said it. Actually, on my bed. Here. Right now. On this computer, doing nothing important and saying nothing of significance. Not bettering my life or mind in any way or doing anything with my life for other God or other people.

So that is the one major change that could be happening. Oui.

Other major changes. Well, as this last week has shown me (and oh my goodness I can't believe I made it through this week without crashing, getting extremely sick, or screaming at someone) I need to work on my time schedule. I need to do my homework when I can, do my chores, do other things, and other things, so then I can do fun stuff! And read good, enlightening books. And bake. And work. And maybe even volunteer. I wish, but it sounds noble to say that. So in short, I need to be more productive and on top of my life. Oh my gosh, see? I was supposed to do Bible study with my sister tonight and I totally didn't. Instead I sat on the couch for like, fifteen minutes. Showered. Now I'm here. I prove my own point.

Major changes coming people. Hold me accountable. Call me, text me, e-mail me, throw cream pies in my face that read "Olivia, get it under control."

5 comments:

  1. O-KAY! but to do that we'll have to be well informed of your progress, as well. I mean, yeah, it MIGHT work for us to e-mail you and crack the whip, but you'd have to keep us in the "know", too. You sound super fed up with being lazy (I'm not saying you were/are lazy; just that you really don't want to BE lazy)and wasting time. And I love your spunk. I think I wouldn't have thought that you had so much spunk, 'cuz on the outside you're kind of a sweet, quiet, gentle person, but that doesn't mean anything, because you've obviously got SOMETHIN'. ;) Go, Liv, Go!
    p.s. i WILL NOT waste a cream pie by throwing it in your face. as fun as that might be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!! Liv, you are awesome!

    I've been feeling that same "stuck in the rut" feeling with life lately. Hey, maybe we'll get to go overseas somewhere *together*! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee, don't you gals leave me behind!!!! :OD

    Livy, you are inspiring, and I totally know how you feel! *Hugs* <3 Keep up your courage, your faith, and your hope! All this WILL end someday!! :-)
    Love,
    Amy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock, my Fellow Fearless Feminist! *fistbump*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, don't worry-we'll drag you with us! ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete