Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A God thing!



I just love how God blesses us with little things that may not be life-changing but are regular reminders that He's got it all under control.

So on Saturday I was going to see the film "Flipped" (SOOO cute, go see it!) with some friends from church. The theatre was downtown and I spent about ten minutes trying to find good parking. Finally, I had to drive up past the theatre again to go to a different road to park. I had just driven by the theatre and there was nothing open (which I never expected there to be) and as I was driving past I saw an open spot right in front! I swung in with a victorious whoop. Then I grabbed some quarters to put in the meter and guess what?? There was already 30 minutes on it so I only needed one quarter! Yaay!

I went into the theatre and my friends had already purchased tickets for the film. So I got in line right after my friend to buy one and when I got up to the counter and said cheerily "One ticket for Flipped please!" (cheery because I was SO excited to see it)...something bizarre took place. I can't even remember how it all went, but for some reason the guy didn't want to sell me a ticket. Even though my friend had just bought one, he was reluctant to give me one. He said that "there are only 6 seats left" and "you might not be able to sit with people you came with" and "In my opinion it's our lowest selling movie". It was as if he was trying to convince me not to buy a ticket! I explained that my other 2 friends had bought tickets and we realized that we might not sit together, but he just told me to talk to his manager (who was sitting at a booth right across the small room. So I got in line to talk to him but the other dude called me back. "Ma'am," he said as he pulled out a ticket. Then he ducked down a bit so that his face would be hidden behind mine from his manager's view. He handed me the ticket and said, "If there are no seats up there then come back down and we'll work something out." FREE TICKET!! I was thinking, "Umm.....you could've just sold me this" but I just said "Thank you" like he had just saved my life and off we went to watch the cutest movie I've seen all year. It was so bizarre but quite a blessing! Those tickets are expensive! I think God knew I was having a crappy day and He just wanted to say, "Look Olivia, I still love you. Here's a movie ticket on Me."

5 comments:

  1. Wow Livy! I just love reading stories like this! He is sooo good to us! :OD And it's so amazing when He just sends us little special reminders of that fact, it ways that we never would have expected! :OD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's such a cool story!!! It's great to have you share these special moments that God created for YOU! It helps encourage the rest of us! I think I need to keep my eyes open for more of these things... I really believe that when you feel like God doesn't do these things for you anymore, or not often enough, I think that we're just not LOOKING out for them! It's not that He doesn't love us, and isn't telling us, it's more that we're being distracted and side-tracked from keeping an eye out for them! But I just wanted to let you know that I really love reading about these presents from God! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's so cute that God did that for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Wow! That's so neat! :D Thanks for sharing about this Liv...it made me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete