Thursday, September 16, 2010

It is well with my soul.

I am going to try and make this post as optimistic as possible. Call me a Pollyanna, but I do believe that when we start focusing on the things in life to be thankful for the bad things just sorta get pushed into the back of one's mind. Not that I don't have TONS of things to be thankful for! Gosh, I am more blessed than so many people. I wonder why God just heaps blessings on someone like me...

So the exchange girl who has been living with us for several months is going home to New Zealand on Saturday. We are going to miss her terribly as she has become a part of our family quite easily. And the fact that I get my own room and bed back doesn't really make it better. Surprisingly I didn't mind sharing a bed with my sister...NEVER thought I'd be saying that. But we worked out the sleeping arrangement quite well. I sleep with my head at the feet of the bed and set up my pillows so she doesn't accidently kick me in the face. Anyways, back to our "sister" leaving. Yep, it will be sad but I am happy that she is happy to be going home. And knowing that she isn't leaving because of anything wrong with our family is quite comforting, as you might imagine.

Funny thing, as we are talking about blessings. On the day I found out that our student was leaving earlier than planned a couple from my church called to ask if I could house sit for them for ten days at the beginning of October. I would have been thrilled to do so any time of the year but I think it's so amazing that God knew I would need a little "escape" like this at this point in time. Needless to say I am quite excited to be on my own for a little bit. Not that I'll be a total loner--my sister will stay on the weekends with me and a few of my friends might give me company some nights. Oh, and the husband of the couple called me "ultra responsible" when his wife mentioned me for the job. Haha that made my day!

I applied for another CNA job today. I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me really feels like I need to get a steady, good-paying job. But then again, seeing as there is a possibility I might not be in the States next semester I wonder if it is worth it. But compared to the actual possibility of leaving the country for a bit but trying to find out how or why or when....the job thing is kinda not stressful at all.

Ha, I've just been typing like nuts about nothingness. It's this new computer, the keyboard is so fun to type away on.

Oh, I think I've decided I really like the Beach Boys. :)

Dance is going so amazing! Our lyrical dance is AMAZING. Definitely will record it when we are done and post it somewhere. And our tap dance is acapella and quite groovy. Plus on Saturdays I help out with two classes which of course I love, being with dramatic little ballerinas.

Well, I've got French class in two hours. I haven't taken my first test, but I am LOVING this class. It's my longest but the two and a half hours seem to fly by. Au revoir!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sad you're "sister" is leaving, but I'm glad you're feeling a little better about it. :) I like reading your update posts! :D
    That is so cool that the guy called you ultra responsible. :D
    Where are you thinking about going next year?
    Love ya girl. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good update! And keep up the optimism! :OD

    Sorry Tracey is leaving early! *Hugs*

    Oooh! That's really cool about your housesitting job! :OD A break - Ahhh! :OD

    Yeah, I know how you feel about the job and everything!! I want to talk to you soon! <3

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete