Thursday, September 30, 2010

Looking for hope in a hopeless world-Margaret Becker

My parents have a shelf full of CD's that we've had since I was a little girl. Just recently I've started pulling off random ones and popping them into my lappie-top. Ha, a year ago I never would have listened to my parent's music. But now I'm burning most of them onto my computer. Right now I'm listening to Margaret Becker...pretty good!

So what is there to look forward to in the next month? Hopefully cooler weather. I'm still switching between capris and pants. And I still leave my window open at night. But October highlights include:

-Celtic Thunder!
-House sitting

haha, I thought there were more things. Oh well, those two are good enough to cover the whole month! Oh, and an extra special is when I donated blood I got a coupon for a free pint of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. So I'm going to get some for house-sitting!

I am actually very proud of my French abilities. I know I could be studying harder and learning more but seeing as I don't study that much and just go to class I think I'm getting the jist of it.

I've realized how much I really do not prefer texting. Like, I don't mind it for little "hello's" or asking questions, but it irks me when people want to hold a convo completely over texting. I don't know why, it's just not my style.

So I figured out some statistics about my life. Recently (because of a bad test grade in chemistry class) my parents have been demanding I give up either Bible study or some of dance. And I will post it loud and clear for everyone to read because I am ashamed of them: MY PARENTS WANT ME TO GIVE UP BIBLE STUDY FOR SCHOOL!!!!
Anyways. I figured out how many hours a week I spend on certain activities.
45 hours free/homework/housework
18 hours class
9 hours work
7 hours dance/Bible study
So can you see how frustrated I am??? The least amount of time a week I spend on fun stuff and my parents want me to give some of that up!

I am really frustrated. What great parents they are but sometimes I don't think they really understand what it is like to go to class, go home, and sit inside doing homework and homework and homework. I need a break!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! What Maragaret Becker cd is it? We have The Immigrant's Daughter, and i really like it!

    Oh, so are you feelng overwhelmed with all your school and work? I'm sorry you out of sorts with your parents... I know how awful that can be. I'll be praying for that situation.

    Luv you, Livs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't having really long conversations with texting either! I mean little one (like last night) is fun, but my thumbs get tired! Hehe!!

    Aww! *Hugs* I totally understand how you feel! I hope you can work everything out!

    My Mom is trying to learn French! :OD She wants to learn it, and then go to France!! I've always wanted to learn French, but at the moment I'm not sure my brain could handle much more! :-P

    Love ya!
    Amy :O)

    ReplyDelete