Monday, September 27, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Thank the Lord Mom gets home tonight. It's been so weird having her gone. Not like, weird that she isn't here, but weird that things seem so crazy with her gone. Mostly on my part since I'm the one doing dinners and cleaning up and went shopping today because there was no food in the house. If her plane crashes on the way back I will get in my car and drive to Kansas.

I made some cupcakes today!! Alas, I didn't want to even mess with scratch batter so I just got some chocolate mix from the store. But one of my friends told me that someone had told her that if you put marshmallows on the top of the cupcakes when they are in the oven that they will melt in a nice glaze over the top. Do you think it worked? Check my cupcake blog in a few days to find out!

Today I nearly blew up at my computer screen. I read something someone had posted and I just got this impatient, tired feeling. Tired of games and tired of not knowing what's what.

Had an interesting convo with a couple at church yesterday...waiting for an e-mail from them. Maybe I'll have awesome news in a week or so.

Margie (my little sis) had her first homecoming on Saturday night. Not only her first ever but her first this year. Yes, she is going to two. And good thing she doesn't read this blog because she would kill me that I'm broadcasting it all over but...she went to this one with a boy! But most of you know that. And it isn't what you might think. They grew up together, our families are very good friends, so they just went as that sorta "friends" couple. Margie looked so pretty and her friend was so handsome! I think the fact that my sister has a guy date to homecoming in 9th grade is foreshadowing of the future...she's totally going to get married first. Which is FINE with me. ;)

I'm wearing more make up lately and I'm kinda mad at myself for it.

Had a great late-night convo with a great friend last night. Watched Miss Congeniality and While You Were Sleeping with the guy-date's sis (one of my oldest and dearest) on Saturday night. But that is about the extent of my social life right now. What with work, taking care of the house, my cupcake adventures, and school school school! there isn't much free time.

Oops, gotta go make dinner...

4 comments:

  1. Awesome news?????!!! How can I wait?? ;-)

    Hehe! All my siblings are going to be married before me - I just know it! And as you know, it's fine with me there too! ;-)

    Work?? Did you get a job? Or you mean babysitting? :-) (Which is work! ;-)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're getting married first. because i'm choosing your wedding dress! *evil laugh*
    you just havent met him yet d:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, Liv!!! I LOVE your cupcake blog!!! The look is SOOOOO cute, and I love the idea! And the pictures! One problem: it wouldn't let me post a comment. ? I don't know WHAT I was doing, but it didn't like me! :P

    Is "Miss Congeniality" good? I've never seen it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl.
    I like your posts. They're so full of life and...YOU! ♥
    What awesome news?? :D

    ReplyDelete