Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"I finally died, which started the whole Earth living"

What an absolutely awesome Labor Day weekend. Except for the fact I was not nearly as productive as I wanted to be. In fact, I have done hardly any homework. Typical college procrastination going on here. Oh if there were only a medicine for procrastination sickness. What's that you say? There is? It's....work. Yeah.

So I love pictures, and I think I will do updates with some pics.

Sunday

So one of my childhood memories is of waking up early on Labor Day Sunday and going down to our city's downtown park to watch hundreds of hot hair balloons take off. This year I was all gung-ho about going until I found out no one else in my family wanted to go. But as I laid in bed contemplating the hard decision of if I should go alone or not, I realized that it was possibly my last year to attend for a long time. Turns out Dad was up for going with me, so at 6:30 in the morning we walked with crowds of other tired people towards the park. It was an awesome morning, just getting to walk around and look at the cool booths. We saw tons of friends we hadn't seen in a long time. And some awesome balloons, too!


Sunday night-Monday morning


Dad had a sort of spontaneous desire to get away to the mountains for a night. And I didn't hesitate (much) to go with him. Originally Tracey was supposed to go with us but she got sick so I invited a great friend of mine, Katie (my God-friend). We packed up some granola bars, sleeping bags, NO tent, and took off. The hike itself was only about an hour and a half. Dad knew of a secluded flat spot across the creek and we plopped ourselves down there for the night. After hiking the rest of the trail to St. Mary's Falls we came back and hung around the fire. Then we put our sleeping bags around it (JUST LIKE COWBOYS!!) and laid under the stars. Let me tell you something. God is amazing. So we see one shooting star. It was gorgeous, as can be expected. Then as we laid there, I prayed "God, please send one more". And guess what? Right before I closed my eyes, a long, shimmering star shot across the sky. You ARE amazing, God. It was such a surreal night. I would wake up, look at the sky for a moment, notice how the stars had moved slightly as we rotated, then go back to sleep. How blessed I am, how amazing my life is, and how wonderful the Lord of all creation is.



2 comments:

  1. That sounds so neat, Liv! Yeah, I love it when God does those special things, JUST FOR YOU! He IS wonderful! How amazing that you got to see TWO shooting stars! (I don't think I've ever seen one!) And you made sleeping under the stars sound just perfect. Of course, if it were ME, I don't think I would have been QUITE so content. ;)My last "camping" experience was several years ago, in our backyard, in the tent. The ground was so hard - I had a horrible night, TRYING to sleep! I wish I could experience camping the way you did!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo jealous of hot air balloons!! :OD

    Oooh!! I'm jealous of your back-packing trip too! And sleeping under the stars! And shooting stars!
    Oh! God IS sooooo amazing! Something like that sorta happened to me once - I was going outside to close my chickens door one night, and I think I was upset about some different things, and I looked up at the sky and a star shot across the sky!! It felt like God was just telling me - Everything is going to be alright - Trust in Me! :OD
    So yeah, amazing!

    ReplyDelete