Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Voyage



So last night was The Night! I got to go see Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. If I didn't make so much money babysitting on Fridays I would have gone Thursday midnight with some friends to see it, but alas...I am a poor kid who needs money for Africa. ;) So I called a friend to see if she wanted to go on Saturday night. As is so her, she invited everyone else she knew...anywho, I was only going for the movie so I didn't care who came.

My thoughts on the movie are as follows:
It doesn't really follow the book to a T. I mean, it follows the story, but they add in a really major element that is not in the book. And they leave some key parts out of the movie that are in the book. For example, Caspian and the star princess!! GRRR! Let's just say, no development of that relationship at all.
There was a bit of cheesiness...mostly in the screenplay, some, "No duh, Lucy. Thanks for stating the obvious" moments.
Eustace was actually one of my favorite characters. The boy who played him did a terrific job and I really do wish they'd continue the series with him (and Jill).
Despite all the little (or big) glitches and "Whaaaaa?!" moments I am a sucker for the epic endings. I cry every time at the end of Prince Caspian. And I cried at the end of this one...when you see it, right at the part before the kids go back to the real world. I just cried and cried. I almost cry thinking about it.
All in all, I love the stories. I love Narnia.
Oh, P.S., Aslan had some dialogue that made me VERY proud of Fox for putting it in there. You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Joy and Dad are going today, and I might go with them, since I'm doing fine with studying! :OD I'm really excited!!! :-) And I mean, Prince Caspian didn't follow the book that well, and I really like that one, so we'll see how I like this one!!! :OD
    Woot woot! :OD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I LOVED it!!!!! :OD MIGHT be my favorite one so far!!! :OD :OD

    ReplyDelete