Monday, December 13, 2010

New Directions

No, I am not copying from Glee. I thought up the title on my own and THEN realized I was sorta copying...

Well folks, I am taking a new direction. Turning off a road that has lasted what seems to be way to long and starting a new part of life. I am desperately trying at the moment to sound passionate and contemplative, but mostly I am too tired to even think about it all. And I don't think it will hit me that I am officially done with high school. Probably because I never felt like I was in high school.

I started out my 12-year-long journey of school at home with my mommy. She is one of those amazing women who dedicated 12 years of her life to giving me an amazing education. Not to mention she got a bit of one herself! I am so so so thankful for a mom who actually made learning a first priority in our lives. School was never trumped by anything else--we were a die hard home school family because it really was SCHOOL at home. She taught me how to write effectively, and it is thanks to her that I can easily pass any writing course now. She incorporated Biblical truths and principals into our learning. Gosh, she just really invested so much into my education.

I spent my first two years of high school doing an online school, then. Still sort of home schooling but the work was way harder than anything Mom or probably most regular schools can come up with. These two years really prepared me for the next year and a half. I breezed through my first semester of 11th grade. Which happened to be my first semester in a public school. The second semester I went to our community college (my high school paid for it) and that is what I did this semester as well. Because I took college courses for dual college and high school credits I gained enough credit to graduate this December, which I have done! Today I took my very last final and now I have some relief from the stresses of school.

I can't believe that 12 years of my life has passed so quickly...and yet so slowly. It's so crazy that for over a decade my life has been so varied, changing, and....just....life-ish! I feel like I am almost finally waking up. That sounds cheesy, I know. I don't know how to express the feelings I have, though, when I think that the chains called "school" that have bound me, in essence, for the last four years are sort of gone. I tell you no lies when I say that all throughout high school, the main priority in my life has been school. Homework. Getting good grades. It has become so apparent to me this last semester how I have so easily pushed other things to the wayside as I focused so heavily on school!

Now I know that I still have years left of education. And even after schooling and college I hope I can still be learning. But Lord knows that after a year of doing college work but having to tell people I am still in high school can be more than a bit frustrating!

So here is to freedom! And to a new direction. May it glorify God even more than any road I've ever been on.

3 comments:

  1. :OD You did it girl, and I know you will keep on!!! You have been one of the most diligent, and dedicated students I have known ever since I first met you!!! You are an inspiration to me! <3 I'm so happy for you!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Hugs* I am so proud of you Liv! That sounds so hard, and now God has finally brought you through it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto Amy! You inspire me to push myself harder to learn more! :) *hugs* I'm so excited for you, being done now! :D Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete