Friday, September 16, 2011

thoughts

Studying to be a nurse is hard. It will get harder.

Truth: I have never really enjoyed school or studying.

I want to change: my attitude towards learning.

Truth: I would rather study cultures, people groups, geography, and ministry anytime

I will continue with nursing because: I have seen first-hand how effective medical care is in showing God's love to the world.

For me: the selfish choice would be to pursue a degree that I want to learn about simply because I think it would be awesome. Unless God directs me elsewhere, I will trust that He'll help me pass these classes, learn a lot, and become the best nurse I can be.

All for the glory of God!

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful attitude. Just the other day I was reflecting on how little our society values--and even grasps at all--the concept of sacrifice. Yet as believers, we're always growing to become more like Christ, and He was the ultimate man of sacrifice.

    I have a feeling, though, that despite all the struggles and wearisome parts, that God will give you joy in what you do as well, and the ability to enjoy it. :-)

    P.S. I'm rather fond of you, Livvy.

    ~Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!!! You are such an inspiration to me!!! <3 Just remember, studying to be a nurse IS working towards full time ministry!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an inspiration, Livs. I know God is going to use you (and IS using you!) in AMAZING ways.

    And I'm sorry for not coming on here in so long. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I love you, and miss you. ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have thought you didn't enjoy studying or learning. :) I learn something new about you all the time! ♥ Amy is right, nursing can lead to ministering! Thinking of you, and thank you for the blue poetry book.

    xo

    -cathie-

    ReplyDelete