Tuesday, September 6, 2011

lazy day + rain

I woke up this morning half an hour before I had to go take a writing test so I scrambled to get ready, ran out the door to see that it was raining. But I was too in a rush to go back for my umbrella so I just got a little wet. Turns out after the test it went from raining to pouring so I got even wetter, but it was ok because I had to shower anyways.

So now I am in my room, all warm with my snuggly blanket, watching The Office and chilling on my last day with nothing to do. They say that the worst thing to do at college is stay in your dorm room but I recharge when I'm alone and I definitely need some alone time.

I brought three bottles of bubbles with me, which I knew was a good idea. A big blue bottle that blows lots of them, a little bottle for my purse, and one that is shaped like a popsicle and smells like chocolate. My roomie thinks I'm crazy but they make me happy!

I'm all settled in now, packing and unpacking-wise. Our room is very spacious and cozy and there aren't a ton of girls on our floor so I don't think showering will be too much of an issue.

I have met a few people already who went to Gabon, more of them to meet, so I am excited. PLUS, I am pretty sure it's set in stone, but I will be seeing some awesome Gabon people in NJ this fall, too!

All in all, it's still the first week and it usually takes me a while to settle in, but i know that God is faithful and I am not doubting that He has me here for a reason. I just want to be His vessel.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, you're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIVVY. NO Way. I bought 3 bottles of bubbles this year... and one of them is a brown popsicle and smells like chocolate!!! Does yours have light brown 'sprinkles' all over it??

    They make me so happy too. :)

    Glad to read about your life in college -- I agree on the alone time as well. It's hard to have that when you live with someone. No matter how much you care for them.

    ReplyDelete