Thursday, September 8, 2011

My roommate almost just kicked me in the face!

since we bunked our beds, Ellary has said she wants to jump up onto the top bunk instead of climbing up. She just tried...twice, both times epic failures. It was very amusing, however.

So for dinner tonight we did take-out Chinese. For one, the cafeteria was JAM-PACKED. For second, they close super early! And thirdly...I'd take Chinese over cafeteria food anyday. Plenty of leftovers. :)

Today was our second day of classes...I am one of the fortunate ones who only had two classes in all over these last few days. My roommate, on the other hand, had all of hers, so she is stressing out over homework whereas I will probably be at that point next week. It's sorta funny, though, to see all the freshmen freaking out about homework, all the upperclassmen telling them that it will become more natural as time goes on, and they still freak out. Haha, I love having experience this already...

Tonight Ellary asked me how I am doing with my parents being gone and stuff. It's really hard, but in a different way than other freshmen might be feeling. Since I've already been away from my family for the length of a semester I think I've gone through that initial separation stuff. But it's still hard...I am ready to move on, but that doesn't make it easier.

Spiritual stuff. We had our first chapel service on Wednesday. The speaker (one of my professors) gave an absolutely amazing message. She talked about how Abraham did not just hold to God His promises, expecting Him to keep to them and that is all he got out of his relationship from God. He loved the presence of God more than the promises of God. And I was like: oh my word. I have been repeating to myself, "He is faithful. He promised this will be a good year. I am going to trust Him." Yet never once have I thought, "Enjoy God in this place." So I needed to hear that, and God served it up.

if you would like to pray for me, please pray that I would remain faithful in engaging in community with Him. I have promised my life to Him, so I need to follow through with that.
also please pray that God would bring the people into my life that I can bless in some way, but that I would also be open to being loved by others.
and also please pray that I would not despair but find joy in the morning.

:)
from my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, what an interesting title for this post! ;)

    I'll pray for you, Livvy. I'm quite proud and impressed, because I'd be scared to offer God my life. It just seems like.. I can't *sin* anymore. Not that I want to sin, but... if I accidentally did, well... Silly rambles of mine.

    College is an adventure though, and I can't believe you're smack dab in the Big Apple!! I've always wanted to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete