Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2011 !!

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850


I dunno, I like the classic poets and we have snow right now (yaaay!) so I thought it the most appropriate quote. I was thinking about getting on to post last night at midnight but I knew I might say something stupid so I decided not to! Plus I was way too tired!

Every year on New Year's Eve we get together with some of our oldest, best family friends and go bowling then to our house for pizza. We all stay up until midnight to watch the ball drop in NYC on the television. Usually in years past all of us kids have had lots of energy. But last night we were all so tired we just lounged around. We are getting so old!!

To tell the truth, I think 2011 is going to be one of the most eventful yet scary years of my life! Going to Africa, packing up everything in my room (tears), going to college...I mean all that will need to happen to make it the craziest year ever is for me to get married! And if my mom had superpowers she would snag Tim Tebow for me so he could pay for my college!

I saw Tangled yesterday with a friend. It was SO cute! Not just cute but just...good all around. As everyone has been saying. One of the best, if not the best, animated film I have seen ALL YEAR! (2010 year, mind you).



As to New Year resolutions, I don't really make any. I can't remember ever doing so in the past...and if I did it just goes to so how quickly I forget them. But what I do pray for is that this year I can accept change with more grace and peace while retaining the joy of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* It's going to be an amazing year, filled with lots of wonderful things for all of us, I think! Isn't it awesome to know that He will be with us through all the big, hard steps ahead? :)
    Yay! I'm so happy you liked Tangled! :D It's my current favorite Princess-ey movie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah... "Tangled" was SUPER. I'm so glad that everyone I hear from, likes it so much!!! I love when my friends and I love the same things!!! :) Not that liking different things is bad... you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete