Monday, June 27, 2011

Hope


-noun
:the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
:a particular instance of this feeling: the hope of [returning to Africa]

-verb
:to cherish a desire with anticipation
:to expect with confidence

-God
Psalm 33:18--But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose
hope is in his unfailing love...

Psalm 39:7--But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in You.

Lamentations 3:21-26--
21 Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.



Hope is something I haven't really thought about. Or something I really understand. What do I put my hope in? Do I have hope? Do you?

1 comment:

  1. Good post Livs!! And I HOPE you can return to Africa too!!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete