Monday, June 6, 2011

New habits

They say it takes 30 days (give or take a few) to start a new habit. Summer has begun, and that entails chores, seeing friends, and sometimes nothing to do. In my 3 months here in Colorado I have decided to try and establish some habits into my daily routine.

Everyone has habits--I have many. Brushing my teeth, eating breakfast, checking my email...things I do every day, and if I don't do them, I notice the absence of these routines. So here are a few of the new habits I would like to introduce into my daily schedule:

-Walk before breakfast
-Bible study in the morning
-Journaling
-Tidying up my room

So if I do these four simple things everyday until the end of June then they should become habitual, right? Let's see if I can stick with it!

4 comments:

  1. You can! I know you can! :D
    ~ Amy :O) (To lazy to sign in! ;-)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Olivia! I love your blog (and you name, but that's beside the point *wink*)!! Beautiful picture of you!
    I like your new morning routine; the walk sounds esp. nice. I've been thinking of doing my prayer/devotional time while walking instead of in my chair with tea...more fitting for the summertime, and I've really liked it the few mornings I've tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *your (I'm getting so bad about not proofreading when I type!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better get started on those summer habits :)

    ReplyDelete