Wednesday, December 5, 2012

a funny moment


I was sitting one quiet Wednesday night at the table in our library’s front lobby.  From where I sat, I faced the aisles of books that led to the silent study area.  As I looked up from my paper, a strange thing happened.  A boy that I see around campus walked by me towards the bookshelves.  He is one of those people that I have never talked to but know about because we have mutual friends…you know, that type of situation.  Walking down the aisle directly in front of me was a girl that I knew he has feelings for (word travels fast in a small school).  The way that it worked, though, was that just as he entered the aisle right next to her she came out of the aisle in front of me.  They missed each other by mere seconds…it was an ironic thing to take place, and even more so since I witnessed it and knew that if time had allowed for him to walk by a little later, or for her to walk just a little faster down the aisle, they would have seen each other.  That would have made him happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment