Friday, October 26, 2012

What would I have thought of Moses?

One year ago I made a fairly "harmless" judgement towards someone.  It was based on something silly, but each interaction I had with the person afterwards created a snowball affect leading me towards continually thinking judgmental, disrespectful thoughts about them almost all the time.  Just in the past few months has God been convicting me of my sinfulness in this area as He has obviously been using this person very mightily for His Kingdom!  I have gone through a year-long journey of seeing a person I initially looked upon with negative emotions transform into a leader seeking the Lord.

I sometimes wonder, what would I have thought of Moses?  I would have thought, "Man up!  Open the mouth God gave you and stop letting your brother speak for you!" (if this confuses you, study the story of Moses' return to Egypt for clarification).  What would I have thought of David?  "How dare you ruin the life of the young Bathsheba!!" (yet not knowing that Solomon would be a product of their union)  Do you even know what I would have said to Hosea?  "Forget your cheating wife, she isn't worth the effort."  (not realizing his pursuit of his wife is a mirror image of God's pursuit of us).  How badly I might have judged any of God's chosen leaders.  I pray for open eyes!  And an open heart to His use of the weak and transformation of the impossible into the possible!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Woo! Great post Liv. I really like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this, Olivia. This is a very helpful perspective-shift for me.

    ReplyDelete