Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I am a seeker

You know, sometimes I think about, "Why do people blog?" and then more specifically, "Why do I blog?" Sure, I truly believe there is truth to the idea that people who blog are just trying to make themselves known...by the world, their friends, families--anyone who cares.  But for others, I know that blogging is an outlet for them, a way for them to tell those 'people who care', "This is what I am passionate about!!" 

Sometimes, I blog because I want the people I am no longer able to have conversations with to know what's going on in my life.  Other times, I just put out thoughts or things I like for anyone who cares to care about (or not).  And sometimes, I pray that what I say may be an encouragement to the people who reads my words.  Know you aren't alone, people love each other, you can learn through hard circumstances...

Here's my thought today: the ONE THING in the world I don't feel greedy or selfish wanting more of is God.  I tell God, "I want to understand Your Word.  I want to have a deeper relationship with You.  I want You to use me.  I want to experience Your  Kingdom on earth.  I want to be filled with Your Spirit." 

And I cannot believe that it's wrong for me [us] to want any of those things.  Ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment