Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 :)

When I think about the fact that it is the year 2012, I sorta understand what adults mean when they say that time starts to fly by as you get older. I think about how twelve years ago I was a little girl anticipating a double digits birthday, staring in toy store windows at dolls that I wanted for Christmas, and just discovering that boys could be oh so annoying but oh so fun to play with...

Twelve years later...my jaw wants to drop, I want to scream, and I just can't believe all that happens in a little over a decade. Or that I am less than six years away from being done with a formal education...never thought that day would come. Adulthood becomes scary at about this moment. Yet also exciting!

I have less than a week of break left before I head back to Nyack for my second semester. Honestly, contemplating last semester I can't say I am excited to go back, but I am trusting that there are new things in store these next few months so I am eager for change and new things!

To recap last semester, it was hard. It was stressful. It wasn't what I expected from my first semester at a Christian college. But it was eye opening. And I believe than challenges are opportunities to strengthen faith and grow. So I am thankful.

Other than going to school at Nyack this spring semester, I don't know what 2012 holds. I don't think I'll be coming back to Colorado for spring break, so I could be going four to six months without seeing my family...a big challenge! Summer plans are still under prayer.

My prayer for this year:

1 comment:

  1. Could you please include coming to see us during your spring break or summer vacation? We're only a few hours away! <3

    ReplyDelete